Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Big Blunder

I make mistakes - tons of them - and I seldom forget them. I remember my blunders better than my successes, but that's a story for another day. The only thing that makes me feel better is knowing that lots of other people do it as well.

Most of my boo-boos are private - just me and maybe one or two other people know about each of them - so it's not too bad usually. Some folks don't stop there - they make HUGE spectacles of their mistakes and I suppose that's even worse. I did think this one was funny, except that I feel bad for the dodo that did it.

From The Independent (click the link to read more)...

There were red faces on the editorial board of one of Germany's top scientific institutions, the Max Planck Institute, after it ran the text of a handbill for a Macau strip club on the front page of its latest journal. Editors had hoped to find an elegant Chinese poem to grace the cover of a special issue, focusing on China, of the MaxPlanckForschung journal, but instead of poetry they ran a text effectively proclaiming "Hot Housewives in action!" on the front of the third-quarter edition. Their "enchanting and coquettish performance" was highly recommended.
via within the cranium

No comments: