Pages

Sunday, June 01, 2014

A few silly golf quotes

Golf quotes...

The money is completely unimportant - once you have won enough of it.
- Johnny Miller

The best diet I know is pride in yourself. If I gain an inch on my waist, I have to send two hundred pairs of slacks out for alteration.
- Doug Sanders

If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, the game would be played far better than it is.
- British writer Horace Hutchinson,

Every time I have the urge to play golf I lie down until the urge passes.
- Humorist Sam Levinson

Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for that purpose.
- Winston Churchill

Never bet with anyone you meet on the first tee who has a deep suntan, a 1-iron in his bag, and squinty eyes.
- Dave Murr

A man's true colors will surface quicker in a five-dollar Nassau than in any other form of peace-time diversion that I can name.
- Grantland Rice

No comments: